- FOOD SERVICES:
- PERSONAL CARE SERVICES:
For reference, always remember to C.A.R.E.:
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!
- Click Here for State Reopening Guidelines
- Haga Clic Aquí para ver las pautas de reapertura del estado
Please remember as well, that we continue to be under National, State, County, Town, and local states of emergencies, however slightly amended to allow certain permissions for local services to resume. We will continue to focus our attention on Phases 2, 3, and 4 and the opening of our village businesses in the safest and healthiest way to provide a path to our “New Normal.” Likewise, the needs and safety of our residents and local business owners continues to be the priority, so in keeping with same, the Local State of Emergency I previously declared under the powers granted to me by Article 2 B of the New York State Executive Law remains in effect to assist in protecting the health, safety, and welfare of our community until such time that I see it prudent to amend or retract these legislations. For now, the use of public park equipment and organized sports/ league play, parades, processions , and all related activities will continue to be suspended until such time that they are permitted under the NY FORWARD phase plan; be advised that although the Governor has decreed that summer camps may open for June 29th around the state, all other types of recreation activities remain appropriated by New York State to Phase 4. Please remember that The Village of Port Chester Recreation Department’s policy on the cancelling of 2020 Summer Camps will not be amended; parents are advised to make alternative arrangements for 2020 Summer camp activities. If our recreation department is capable of providing Summer programming, while keeping within the safety and welfare guidelines yet to be communicated by both the NY State and Westchester County Health Departments, informed decisions will be made at that time on what programming could be scheduled, and even more importantly, where such activities could take place.
Please continue to read and follow the village’s notices, like those we have posted in our downtown area, within local businesses, residential neighborhoods, as well as those alerts and advisories we provide online via our official website, our social media, and through the NIXLE alert system.
As we have communicated regularly since March, the COVID-19 outbreak has been the focus of much of our government resources over the last few months. Regardless of these hurdles, we have been successful in keeping operations at high output levels, answering public concerns, distributing masks and other PPE, and keeping business as close to ‘usual’ as could possibly be done; we have kept The Village of Port Chester open, even while it may have been physically closed.
In light of our success in entering Phase 1, and our entering phase 2 on June 9th, please see the following information related to Village of Port Chester government/ department functions:
- Village offices & staff will be operating at fifty (50%) capacity through July 1st.
- All members of the public who have business with, and wish to enter Village Hall, The Justice Court, The Port Chester Police Department, or any of our Firehouses MUST wear a mask at all times during their visit.
- All members of the public (including village employees/ vendors/ contractors) will be required to participate in a temperature testing scan at the entrance of municipal properties before they can be granted access to departments and offices.
- Where otherwise indicated, all business with village departments will be approved through appointment only.
- For urgent matters, please contact Mary Anne Veltri, Senior Office Assistant via telephone using 914.939.2200
- Stuart L. Rabin, Assistant to The Village Manager at 914.939.5201
- Pamela J. Tarlow, Assistant to The Village Manager at 914.305.2532.
- You may also utilize the office’s Contact Us page on the village website.
- Parades & Processions within the Village of Port Chester continue to be suspended until further notice.
- Hawkers & peddling service operations withing the Village of Port Chester continue to be suspended until further notice.
The Following Directive Has Been Provided By The New York State Unified Court System
Once regular court sessions resumes, you will be contacted by the court personnel with your new date. If you have a scheduled appearance or were otherwise directed to attend court, you will not be penalized for your absence.
The transaction window is open every day between the hours of 8:30 am to 1 pm & 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM. YOU MUST WEAR A MASK IN ORDER TO ENTER THE COURT BUILDING. We thank you for your cooperation in this effort to prevent the spread of covid-19 (coronavirus) to others in the community
All questions should be directed to Regina Hill at [email protected].
- Parking enforcement policies & procedures in the downtown village area resumed to normal levels effective May 26, 2020; this includes alternate side of the street parking.
- Parking enforcement policies & procedures in the residential village areas resumed to normal levels effective June 1, 2020; this includes alternate side of the street parking.
- The Village of Port Chester Police Department will only accept requests for Police Reports via email until further notice. At this time residents are asked to fill out, scan, and email the attached form to [email protected].
- Residents should allow for five (5) to seven (7) days for responses.
- Payments for these records are to be made at time of pickup: the fees are $10.00 for accident reports, $5.00 for all other reports (cash only).
- The Village of Port Chester Police Department will only accept requests for Letters of Good Conduct via email until further notice. At this time residents are asked to fill out, scan, and email the attached form to [email protected].
- Residents should allow for five (5) to seven (7) days for responses.
- Payments for these records are to be made at time of pickup: the fee is $10.00 (cash only).
- The Recreation Department is currently processing refunds for ALL Spring & Summer activities.
- The Port Chester Youth Baseball League has suspended its operations until further notice.
- Port Chester Soccer Club has suspended its operations until further notice.
- The Recreation office will be closed to the public until further notice. If necessary, you may contact Superintendent Heather Krakowski with any questions or concerns using 914.939.2354 or vial email at [email protected].
- At this time we are still working in conjunction with The Westchester County Health Department and The State of New York for guidance on how we may be able to coordinate Summer programming, if any. Residents will be notified as soon as possible with any updates or directives the village receives.
- Street sweepers will resume regular operation on May 26, 2020 in the village downtown area and June 1 in the village residential areas.
- Grass cutting will continue to operate but a lesser interval.
- Bulk pickup is rescheduled to occur on the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Wednesdays of each month (beginning in April 8, 2020), except in those months where this schedule would interfere with a federal holiday. As such, a new bulk pickup calendar has been created and you view and download it by clicking here.
- ALL scheduling adjustments that were adopted by the department in response to COVID-19 operations, including the bulk pickup calendar, will remain in effect until further notice.
- BUILDING DEPARTMENT VESTIBULE is open 9:00am to 12:00pm to the public with social distancing protocols in place.
- PUBLIC VIEWING of records in the Building Department public viewing room has been suspended until further notice.
- APPLICATIONS FOR PERMITS can be delivered in person to Village Hall and placed in the Building Department drop box, or be mailed; addressed to The Port Chester Village Building Department, c/o The Village of Port Chester, 222 Grace Church Street, Port Chester, NY 10573.
- GENERAL QUESTIONS The Building Department can receive calls related to permits, inspections, and general inquiries at (914) 939-5203. Please leave a message; messages will be monitored from 9am – 4pm. Additionally, you may email inquiries to Regina Glennon, Senior Office Assistant to the Building Department using [email protected].
- EMERGENCY PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS that may affect the health, safety and welfare of the user and/ or occupants of a building may be approved. Please call the Building Department at (914) 939-5203.
- MUNICIPAL SEARCH REPORT: Requests can be delivered in person to Village Hall and placed in the Building Department drop box, with a check or the requested can be mailed, with a check payable to The Village of Port Chester and addressed to The Port Chester Village Building Department, c/o The Village of Port Chester, 222 Grace Church Street, Port Chester, NY 10573.
- CONSULTATIONS and MEETINGS for permitting or to resolve Notices of Violations can be performed over the phone by calling (914) 939-5203 and staff will scheduling an appointment with an inspector.
- SCHEDULING INSPECTIONS: Please call the office at (914) 939-5203 and staff will scheduling an appointment with an inspector.
- Permits for TEMPORARY OUTDOOR DINING can be obtained by visiting the building department section of www.portchesterny.com or by calling them directly at 914.939.5203
- All refuse/ code inquiries, or complaints, are to be discussed and/or filed via telephone using 914.305.2552 or vial email by contacting Lorraine Battista-Ferretti at [email protected].
- For Trash Civil Summonses please mail a copy of summons with payments made payable to The Village of Port Chester and addressed to The Port Chester Village Code Department c/o The Village of Port Chester, 222 Grace Church Street, Port Chester, NY 10573. Please also place your phone number on each check.
- All fire and safety inquiries or concerns are to be discussed and/ or filed via telephone using 914.305.2501 or via email by contacting Kathryn Conway at [email protected].
- All Fire Safety Applications and complete Fire Safety Systems Testing Applications are to be mailed with payment and signed notarized Affidavits, when applicable (Affidavits required for residential use). Payments are to be made payable to The Village of Port Chester and addressed to The Port Chester Village Code Department c/o The Village of Port Chester, 222 Grace Church Street, Port Chester, NY 10573. Please also place your phone number on each check.
- All inspections remain suspended at this time.
- All inquiries regarding re-inspections are to be made via telephone using 914.305.2501 or via email by contacting Kathryn Conway at [email protected].
- The Village of Port Chester Senior Center remains closed at this time and until further notice.
- At-home food deliveries will remain in effect and the village will continue to provide meal deliveries Monday through Saturday with a cold meal provided each Saturday that can be utilized for Sunday. However, seniors who wish to schedule pickup for their meals may do so by calling 914.305.2525 and making an appointment with the center's staff.
- New applications or materials from the public or applicants are to be provided in electronic format only and are to be e mailed using [email protected]. Fees for such submissions are to be made payable to The Village of Port Chester and mailed to the attention of the Village Finance Department c/o The Village of Portchester, 222 Grace Church Street, Port Chester NY 10573.
- All public inquiries and meetings with applicants are to be performed via telephone and scheduled in advance. Please contact the Planning Department at 914.937.6780.
- All visitors to the Village Clerk's office are encouraged to calll 914.939.5226 or email the staff at [email protected] to schedule an appointment for services.
- Requests for vital records, including birth and death certificates, permit renewals, and applications will continue to be available by mail with all applicable payments made payable to The Village of Port Chester and addressed to The Port Chester Village Clerk’s Office c/o The Village of Port Chester, 222 Grace Church Street, Port Chester, NY 10573. Village Clerk applications can be obtained by visiting the Port Chester Village Website at www.portchesterny.com/village-clerk/pages/applications-and-forms.
- The Youth Police Initiative has been postponed until further notice.
- The Village Treasurer’s office will remain closed to the public until May 31, 2020.
- For any sewer billing inquiries, please call MINOL at 1.888.876.1672
- For all other inquiries, including those related to village employees and retirees, please contact our office via telephone using 914.939.5205.
- NY Forward: Governor Cuomo's plan to reopen New York State with a focus on getting people back to work and easing social isolation.
- Click Here for NY FORWARD: A GUIDE TO REOPENING NEW YORK & BUILDING BACK BETTER
- Click Here for THE NEW YORK STATE REGIONAL MONITORING DASHBOARD
- Click Here for THE NEW YORK STATE DAILY HOSPITALIZATION SUMMARY (BY REGION)
- Click Here for THE NEW STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COVID-19 TRACKER (TESTING & FATALITIES)
- New York State on PAUSE: 100% of the workforce must stay home, excluding essential services.
- You must wear a mask when going out into public, especially in those instances where social distancing proves to be difficult or nearly impossible.
- All non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason are temporarily banned.
- The FDA approved the use of a new experimental drug in New York on a compassionate care basis to help treat patients with COVID-19.
- Department of Motor Vehicles offices are temporarily closed for in-office visits. Online transactions, including for license renewals, are still be available. License and permit expirations will be extended.
- An initial delivery of supplies has been made to the Jacob K. Javits Center where FEMA has started to build a 1,000-bed temporary hospital.
- Enacting Matilda’s Law to protect New Yorkers age 70+ and those with compromised immune systems
- Remain indoors
- Can go outside for solitary exercise
- Pre-screen all visitors by taking their temperature
- Wear a mask when in the company of others
- Stay at least 6 feet from others
- Do not take public transportation unless urgent and absolutely necessary
- All barbershops, hair salons, tattoo or piercing salons, nail salons, hair removal services and related personal care services are closed until further notice.
- Casinos, gyms, theaters, retail shopping malls, amusement parks and bowling alleys are closed until further notice. Bars and restaurants are closed, but takeout can be ordered during the period of closure.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
- Click here for a listing of “Essential Businesses.” .
- Click here for the latest Westchester County updates :
- Click here for the latest Westchester County Health Department updates.
- Click here for the latest information on the BEE-Line Bus System updates.