VILLAGE OF PORT CHESTER REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY OUTDOOR ACCOMMODATIONS
(NO FEE REQUIRED)
1. A permit for a temporary outdoor accommodation shall only be issued to restaurants seeking to provide outdoor dining.
2. If the applicant is not the owner of the premises, the owner of record must consent.
3. A layout plan showing the location of the outdoor seating area which must be on the property of the establishment. A professional plan need not be specifically prepared. (e.g. plan can be hand-drawn from a map from Google Maps/Earth, etc.)
4. The total number of outdoor seats shall not exceed the number of seats approved inside the establishment.
5. In no event shall the outdoor seating area in a parking lot exceed twenty-five percent (25%) of the total area of the lot.
6. A physical barrier or separation shall be provided to protect patrons from vehicular traffic. (e.g. bollards, planter boxes, etc.)
7. Outdoor seating and ancillary improvements must comply with the New York State Building and Fire Prevention Code.
8. Seating shall not block entrances/exits, fire lanes, fire hydrants sprinkler connection points, pedestrians and handicapped access or parking spaces.
9. There shall be no cooking or food preparation in the outdoor seating area.
10. The outdoor seating area must be maintained and be free from trash and debris at all times. Trash receptacles must be provided and emptied.
11. Establishments with a liquor license must obtain the requisite approval of New York State Liquor Authority to serve alcohol in the outdoor seating area.
12. The hours of operation of the outdoor seating area are from 8:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
13. There shall be no entertainment, live or recorded, in the outdoor seating area.
14. Tables and may remain overnight. Umbrellas shall be taken down.
15. A copy of the permit for a temporary outdoor accommodation must be prominently displayed and posted at the outdoor seating area.
16. The program for temporary outdoor accommodations is subject to applicable executive order of the Governor and shall expire on November 1, 2020 unless sooner terminated.
THIS PERMIT GOVERNS THE LIMITED USE OF PRIVATE PROPERTY ONLY. ESTABLISHMENTS SEEKING TO UTILIZE THE ADJACENT PUBLIC SIDEWALK SHOULD FILE FOR A PERMIT FOR A SIDEWALK CAFÉ.
|Click Here to download a copy of Temporary Outdoor Permit||1.6 MB|