Welcome! The Village of Port Chester is open for business. The Department of Planning & Economic Development serves as the gateway for public and private planning and economic development activities within the Village.
The Village of Port Chester Department of Planning & Economic Development strives to promote economic vitality, environmental sustainability, and development design quality for Port Chester's residents, property and business owners, and visitors. We accomplish this by facilitating a collaborative implementation of Port Chester's Comprehensive Plan by advising the Village Manager, Mayor, Board of Trustees, and various other commissions and boards, as well as partnering with other Departments within the Village, the private sector, and beyond to ensure a shared vision for the future, and creating opportunities for public dialogue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide staff support for Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and other commissions and boards
- Conduct short and long-range planning
- Manage development review
- Develop best-practices approach to land use planning
- Plan and implement public space designs
- Analyze traffic and transportation
- Oversee environmental reviews
- Collaborate with neighboring municipalities, local and regional agencies
- Encourage economic development solutions
- Provide grant writing and administration
- Research trends in land use, socioeconomic, and environmental sustainability
- Promote waterfront planning
For general inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org