Research / Obtain Records

  • Freedom of Information Request is a generalized tool for obtaining copies of documents on record with the village. Some records are not able through such a request for privacy or security reasons, and the Village makes no guarentees or interpretations of any documents returned through this process.
  • Property Records if you are seeking a copy of your valid Certificate of Occupancy or a certification of the legal use of your property, you must obtain a Title Search from the Building Department. you may perform basic research using the following tools

Town of Rye Assessor's Property records old database
Town of Rye Assessor's Property records new database

You may file a Freedom of Information Request -OR- schedule for copies of all Building Department or Code Enforcement records pertaining to a property, however the Village cannot interpret any documents or draw any conclusions on behalf of your property without a full title search.

  • Building Department Title SearchStandard and Expedited
  • Police Reports/Accident Reports , Copies of police or accident reports are obtainable through our Records Office located in the main lobby at 350 N. Main Street. The cost of a police or accident report is $1.00 per page. If Records Office is closed at time of request see the Desk Officer for a request form and the report will be obtainable on the next business day. Certain reports are not obtainable such as matters under investigation or incidents where an arrest was made. The hours of operation for obtaining a copy of a report from our Records Office are: 8:30AM – 12:00noon and 1:00PM – 3:30PM. Otherwise fill out report request form obtainable from Desk Officer and leave it with the Desk Officer.
  • Court Dispositions/Convictions