The Bush-Lyon Homestead, located at 479 King Street in Port Chester, New York, is maintained and operated by the Village of Port Chester. The Bush-Lyon Homestead was built during the early 1700s in pre-Revolutionary War days and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Its' history is vital to the residents as the home is open to the public on a weekly basis. The Bush Lyon Homestead was acquired by the Village in 1925, when the Board of Trustees in the Village began negotiations to buy the parcel of land, located between King Street and Putnam Avenues, with dwelling house and certain contents.
The Bush-Lyon Homestead was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. It was built in the early 1700s and inhabited by Abraham Bush and Ruth Lyon, who was descended from a family which was one of the first settlers in the area. The home was also believed to have been General Israel Putnam's headquarters at various times during the Revolutionary War. He was known to have visited the home many times and some of his effects are on display at the home.
The home is currently Closed for Renovations.