I want to thank the voters of Port Chester for giving me the honor to serve the village for a 4th term as Mayor. I am truly humbled by the confidence that voters have again placed in me to represent them. Whether you voted for me or not, please know that I will work hard to represent all our residents in a fair and even way.
I also want to thank my immediate predecessor, Mayor Neil Pagano, for his dedicated service to the village. I know how much Neil also loves Port Chester, and how hard he worked – and I want to carry forward much of the work that he had underway.
I am delighted to be back as Mayor because I am very much looking forward to working with the professional team and the Village Board that's in place here in Port Chester to continue moving our village forward.
My priorities for the next 12 months are as follows:
- Gain unanimous support for the 2015-16 budget.
- Fulfill the vision laid out in the 1990's for the Marina by completing the build-out of Waterfront Place.~ This means rebuilding the bulkhead and completing the build out of vacant Conyz Lot.
- Continue and complete the rigorous review process associated with Starwood's proposal for the United Hospital Site.
- Complete a thorough internal review of the police station and make sure everyone is comfortable with the direction that we proceed in. there.
- Develop a plan for revitalizing our multifamily neighborhoods.
While these are not really new priorities, my specific goal is to ensure we make demonstrable progress in each of these important areas.
In closing, I pledge to conduct crisp and concise meetings, to be open and honest with all our village residents – and I pledge to listen – to my colleagues on the Board, our professional staff – and our residents – and to weigh and balance all my actions and decisions to always do what is in the overall best interest for Port Chester.
Please also know that my office door always remains open to your ideas, concerns, and questions.
Thank you again for the opportunity to serve the Village that I love as your Mayor, and for the great trust that you have bestowed upon me.
Very truly yours
Dennis G. Pilla