The purposes and duties of the Commission shall be to:
1. Collect and compile traffic data and engineering studies and surveys in regard to vehicular and pedestrian traffic in the village.
2. Prepare and submit to the Mayor and Board of Trustees detailed reports regarding traffic conditions in the village.
3. Make recommendations to the Mayor and Board of Trustees regarding methods and proposals to ameliorate traffic conditions which adversely affect the welfare of the village.
4. Submit to the Mayor and Board of Trustees for consideration specific proposals for amendments to ordinances, rules and regulations of the village and village agencies which affect traffic conditions in the village and proposed legislation which the Commission deems necessary, proper or needful to implement and effectuate its proposals.
5. Prepare and submit to the Mayor and Board of Trustees for consideration and forwarding to other appropriate agencies and departments of the village, recommendations and proposals in regard to the improvement of existing streets, street widening and the location of new streets, avenues and highways; the location and the establishment of off-street public parking areas and garages; and of off-street loading and unloading parking facilities; and other matters relating to traffic control.
6. Coordinate the efforts of and consider the reports, recommendations and suggestions of public and private agencies and civic groups or citizens in regard to traffic conditions and traffic control in the village.
7. Collaborate with other village departments and agencies in promoting traffic safety and the free movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic in the village.
8. Obtain and consider analyses of traffic accidents with a view toward determining their causes and means for their prevention.
9. Study and recommend to the Mayor and Board of Trustees for consideration and forwarding by them to other agencies of the village, the location and use of street parking meters for regulation of traffic.
10. Make recommendations to the Mayor and Board of Trustees and to other appropriate village agencies as to the location and erection of traffic signs, signals, markings and devices, and as to the type and intensity of illumination of streets and highways.
11. Prepare and submit to the Mayor and Board of Trustees a proposed comprehensive village traffic plan and any proposed modification thereto from time to time.
12. To exercise such other and further powers as may from time to time be delegated to it by law, ordinance or resolution of the Board of Trustees.